10 Questions with Tyler Hilton
In case you haven't wandered over to our Earthmovers page or if you don't follow us on Facebook or Twitter, we are excited to have singer/songwriter/actor/man of many talents Tyler Hilton as one of our Cat Footwear #Earthmovers.
We were catching up with Tyler last week to play a little "get to know you" game... check out his responses to our questions!
1. What is an Earthmover to you?
An Earthmover is someone who changes the landscape they've been handed for the better.
2. We love the pioneering spirit you've shown in building your own music career and admire your decision to break out and start your own label! What inspired this decision?
I couldn't continue on that path and still do what I was doing. Sometimes you need to create space to grow. It's been the best decision.
3. You've toured all over the world. What's your favorite place and where do you still want to go?
France is always amazing, I love it there. And I'd love to tour Asia. Haven't been there and have always wanted to!
4. In the hit TV series "One Tree Hill" you played "Chris Keller". Are you anything like him in real life?
I'm actually not like him at all, but from afar - I think he's hilarious. I think that's what we have in common: our senses of humor. Mine secretly, but his very openly!
5. What was it like to play a huge icon like Elvis in the Johnny Cash biopic "Walk The Line?"
It was the ultimate love letter to Elvis from a huge fan. I have loved Elvis since I was a kid and even dressed up as him for Halloween a bunch of times. It was so surreal to play him on screen. It was such an honor!
6. What do you do when you aren't on tour or filming?
I'm usually looking for more ways to do both! Otherwise, I'm always trying to catch up on my favorite TV shows. I love "Game Of Thrones" because it's amazing and I'm reading the books too. I'm also into "Inside Amy Schumer"because it's perfect and funny, and I can watch it in the little moments I have free. And "Walking Dead" is my guy show I watch with my buddies.
7. What's your guilty pleasure?
Ben and Jerry's anything.
8. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Olivia Newton John. Yep, I said it.
9. So far in your career you've made major moves in TV, Music and Film . Any career goals you have yet to accomplish that you want to explore in the future?
I've always wanted to do a record where I let my country roots fly their freak flag! Maybe I'll do that next. :)
10. We have to ask! What's your favorite shoe & why?
I'm obsessed with Cat's Morrison boot. I love them because I'm a one shoe always kind of guy and I can dress them up or down, and wear them on stage every show and it just works. I have a black pair worked in, and they're like butter!