Chicago! You’re invited!
On Saturday, October 6th, Cat Footwear will hold Build for Better, an event celebrating our sponsorship of the Instagram Builder’s Challenge at the Rebuilding Exchange in Chicago. We are inviting, you, the public to come out and support your community through free building workshops, giveaways and more.
The IG Builder’s Challenge (IGBC), which kicks off its 6th season on October 6th, welcomes builders around the country to build a planned item and submit their creations through Instagram throughout the month of October. While the IGBC started out as a friendly competition amongst fellow woodworkers, it has snowballed into a national contest with a growing digital presence. To champion that innovative spirit and all the DIYers involved, we want to amplify the challenge and give back at the same time.
Cat Footwear has partnered with Designs 4 Dignity, a non-profit organization that transforms charity environments through pro-bono design services and in-kind furniture donations, to make over the office of a local charity in need.
We will be hosting Build for Better at the Rebuilding Exchange, a non-profit that is celebrating its 10thanniversary of diverting building materials from landfills by repurposing and selling used goods.
Interested in joining us? Sign up for one of three free workshop sessions throughout the day, which will be led by the three co-founders of the IGBC- Raechal of @desertwoodwrks, Lana of @glacierbuilt, and Adam of @lazyguydiy. In these workshops, you can help to build a series of desks for the non-profit. Together, you will work with reclaimed wood to chop, mill, sand, finish and ultimately assemble the new desks. No experience necessary- feel free to come and learn something new!
Along with building sessions, Build for Better is a family-friendly event which will offer a range of free activities including:
- Drop-in Workshops:learn to build pencil holders to be donated to charity
- Charity:water “Water Walk”: Support the global community and Cat Footwear’s campaign with The Caterpillar Foundation and charity:water by walking for clean drinking water in developing nations. Each person who completes the walk unlocks clean and safe drinking water for one person.
- Live Carving by YouTuber Chop with Chris: Chris will be working on carving a sign to donate to the charity with no power tools!
- Food Trucks on location
- Plinko for prizes, Cat Footwear giveaways and more
At Cat Footwear, we believe in building a better future in our community. Join us at Build for Better to celebrate our community and celebrate our customers (all of you!) who champion that same innovative and progressive spirit.
Join us at Build for Better:
- Free Building Workshops, live carving, giveaways and more
- Rebuilding Exchange (1740 W Webster Avenue, Chicago, IL 60614)
- Time: 10am-4pm
- Sign Up for Workshops here.
- RSVP on Facebook here.
See you out there!