“As cliché as it sounds, every time I go to prep a frame I try to make it the best frame I’ve ever done,” Kyle says.
It’s in that earthmoving spirit, that Kyle and Detroit Bikes is working together to become better, faster, stronger. Detroit Bikes is a part of Detroit’s history, and the company is bringing it back in a bold, new way.
Kyle preps bike frames on the line at Detroit Bikes, a grassroots startup that is bringing back the city’s assembly line to produce custom bicycles. It’s not mass production, though the company can produce a bike every 8 minutes if need be. Kyle is a cog in a well-oiled machine, one that’s powered by collaboration and community. Each person on the line is an expert in what they do, and together they build truly gorgeous products.
“Being bold is putting everything you have into what you’re doing, literally everything you’ve got. All your energy, all your focus. Every time I come to work, I’m trying to put all I have into what I’m doing,” Kyle says.
“It comes back to being fully committed again. Especially when you’re riding, it’s a 50/50 shot,” Kyle says. “You’re going to plan on doing what you’re doing or you’re going to hit the ground. If you’re not fully committed to it—if you’re not doing it boldly—you always have that risk of hitting the ground.”
BIKE GIVEAWAY: #HowIGoBoldly
We know you’re the type of person who is always reaching for your goals, whether that be starting your own business, a side hustle that takes up all the hours you’re not working your full time job, a woodworking hobby that challenges you creatively, or just trying to find few more dollars to fix up those nagging home improvements.
We want to help you reach those goals. We’re giving away a Detroit Bike, a pair of your choice of Cat Footwear, and a $500 Visa gift card.
Starting September 19th through October 3rd, upload your photo with a caption sharing how you go boldly OR you can also enter by sharing your photo directly on Instagram using #HowIGoBoldly. Finally, make sure to tag someone who has helped you or inspires you by going boldly to complete your entry. Full details to enter and rules below.
Enter to win here: http://bit.ly/howigoboldly
Learn more about Kyle and Detroit bikes here.
See Kyle’s full story here:
Full Contest Rules Below:
2018 Cat® Footwear How I Go Boldly Giveaway Sweepstakes – Official Rules
- Description.The 2018 Cat® Footwear How I Go Boldly Giveaway Sweepstakes (the “Contest”) begins at 00:01 am ET on September 16, 2018, and ends at 11:59 pm ET on October 3, 2018 (the “Contest Period”). By participating in the Contest, participants (or, if a minor in their place of residence, the participant’s parent or legal guardian on his or her behalf) unconditionally accept and agree to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of CAT Footwear, a division of Wolverine World Wide, Inc., 9341 Courtland Drive NE, Rockford, Michigan 49351 (the “Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Receipt of a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Eligibility.NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Must be 18 years or older at the time of entry and a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia). Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, their respective parents, subsidiaries, and agents, as well as the immediate family (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings, and grandparents) and household members of each such employee, officer, and director are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations apply.
- How to Enter.To enter, navigate to http://bit.ly/howigoboldly (“Sponsor’s Website”) during the Contest Period complete a Contest Entry Form in its entirety, including your valid e-mail address. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. Any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void all of an entrant’s entries and that entrant will be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
Entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering the Contest, you grant Sponsor the right to use your name and likeness for any purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising or promotion of Sponsor and its goods or services, all without further consent from or payment to you.
- Winner Selection.Grand Prize Winner: Following the conclusion of the contest period, Sponsor will conduct a selection of select one (1) Grand Prize winner from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Prize winner will be notified by e-mail, and may be required to complete and return an eligibility affidavit and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within three (3) days after the drawing, does not meet the eligibility criteria, does not fully comply with these Official Rules, or fails to sign and return the affidavit and/or release, then the potential winner forfeits the prize and an alternate winner will be selected.
If a prize winner is considered a minor in his or her jurisdiction of residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of, or to, the winner’s parent or legal guardian, who must accept the prize, execute any required documents, and agree to all obligations and undertakings of the winner, both on behalf of himself/herself and winner, or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Under no circumstances will a prize be awarded as the result of an entry by an individual under 13 years of age.
- Prizes. One (1) Grand Prize:consisting of one (1) pair of CAT Footwear boots, shoes, or sandals, one (1) Detroit Bike, and one (1) $500 Visa Gift Card. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each pair is $120.00 for a total ARV of $120.00. Prizes are non-transferable, and may not be substituted for cash. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may substitute a prize (or prize component) of equal or greater value due to unavailability of prize (or prize component) for any reason.
- General Conditions.All taxes and other expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor is not responsible or liable for, and entrants (or, if a minor in their place of residence, the participant’s parent or legal guardian on his or her behalf) completely release and hold Sponsor harmless against: (a) illegible, incomplete, damaged, misdirected, stolen, late, or lost Entry Forms; (b) network, internet, or computer malfunctions or damage related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; (c) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor which may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; or (d) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance or use of the prize, or from participation in the Contest. Any entrant attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Contest, including but not limited to using automated processes for entry, will be ineligible. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, including but not limited to technical corruption or non-authorized human intervention, Sponsor in its sole discretion reserve the right to modify or cancel the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Release.By receipt of any prize, winner (or, if a minor in his/her place of residence, the winner’s parent or legal guardian on his or her behalf) agrees that Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and the agents, employees, directors and officers of these companies, are not liable whatsoever for and are released from any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or from winner’s participation in the Contest.
Winners List.Names of prize winner may be requested by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by December 31, 2018 to Sponsor to the attention of “2018 CAT® Footwear How I Go Boldly Giveaway Sweepstakes .”
- Sponsor/Administrator.The Sponsor and Administrator of this Contest is CAT® Footwear, a division of Wolverine World Wide, Inc., 9341 Courtland Drive NE, Rockford, Michigan 49351 (“Sponsor”).