Competition Terms and Conditions
Please read these competition rules carefully. If you enter one of our competitions, we will assume that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
1. The Cat Footwear Show Some Sole competition (the “competition”) begins on the 29th March and closes on 29th April, 2016. By participating in the Contest, participants unconditionally accept and agree to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Cat Footwear, a division of Wolverine World Wide Europe LTD, Kings Place, 90 York Way, Islington, London, N1 9AG, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Receipt of a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. To enter a competition you must be 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
3. Competitions are not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of Wolverine Europe LTD or any subsidiary of Wolverine Europe Ltd.
4. No purchase necessary.
5. Only one entry per person.
6. If you want to enter the competition you may enter via Instagram or Facebook
7. The closing date is as specified in each competition, and Wolverine Europe LTD reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
8. If you win the competition, we will notify you by email, within 48 working hours of the closing date. If you do not respond within 48 hours of being notified, you will forfeit your prize and Wolverine Europe LTD reserves the right to choose another winner. The judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. You can find out who has won the competition by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition to Wolverine World Wide Europe LTD, Kings Place, 90 York Way, Islington, London, N1 9AG
10. By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as Wolverine Europe LTD may require.
11. If a panel of judges is required for the competition, it will be comprised of persons detailed on the relevant competition page and/or staff of Wolverine Europe LTD.
12. The prize will not be transferable to another person.
13. No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize
15. Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
16. This competition is being run Wolverine World Wide Europe LTD.
18. Wolverine Europe LTD reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. Wolverine Europe LTD may also create rules which will apply to a specific competition only. If we do this we will publish the amended competition rules and/or specific competition rules on the relevant competition page
20. Wolverine Europe LTD will endeavour to deliver prizes within a month of the competition end date but cannot guarantee this delivery time.
21. The competition is governed by English law
22. Wolverine Europe LTD reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Competition and/or the Rules without notice for any event that is outside of our reasonable control. Any changes to the Rules, or cancellation of the Competition, will be posted on the Caterpillar UK website. It is the responsibility of entrants to keep themselves informed as to any changes to the Rules.
23. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, the conduct or results of the Competition, or any other matter relating to a Competition, the decision of Wolverine Europe LTD shall be final and unchallengeable and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into, comment issued, or reason given in respect of any decision made by Wolverine Europe LTD.
24. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you in your Entry is true, accurate and complete in every respect. Wolverine Europe LTD reserves the right to verify any information contained in your Entry and/or your eligibility to enter the Competition.
25. Where a Competition is open to persons who are resident outside of the United Kingdom, no person may enter the Competition if the Competition breaches any law or regulation of the jurisdiction in which they are resident.
26. Wolverine Europe LTD accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury (other than our liability for personal injury or death as a result of our negligence) or disappointment of any kind suffered by any entrant in entering the Competition, including as a result of any entrant winning or not winning any prize.
CAT, LLC a Wolverine corporation located at:
90 York Way
London N1 9AG
You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are part of the Wolverine Worldwide, Inc. family of companies and there are details of the other members of the group here: www.wolverineworldwide.com/our-brands/
Security - Safeguarding of Your Information
We endeavor to protect against unauthorized disclosures by trying to limit access to nonpublic customer information to the people who need that information to do their jobs. We also inform employees within the Wolverine Worldwide family of companies about their responsibility to adhere to our own business ethical standards and confidentiality policies. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of personal information, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the confidentiality and integrity of the personal information we collect. These safeguards are designed to protect against, but are not a guarantee against, the loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction of personal information.
We use technology designed to transfer information securely from your web browser to our web servers. This should mean that all of your personal information, including your credit card number, is encrypted to avoid the decoding of that information by anyone other than us. To check the security of your connection, look for an unbroken key or a closed lock (depending on your web browser). This and a change in the first characters of the site address from "http" to "https" should alert you that this technology is active.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. When you start your session in a password protected area please make sure you have a secure connection and that you log out once you have finished.
Types of Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information such as your name, email, postal address, phone number, and billing and credit card information when you register this information with our Website; make a purchase or provide this information; place an order online; save your information with us online; use a mobile application; or participate in sweepstakes, contests, promotions or surveys. We may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies. You may choose not to provide certain information, but choosing to do so may prevent you from being able to take advantage of many of our Website's features or from conducting transactions.
When you submit a question to customer service, we may need your email address to respond, and you may also provide us with additional information to help us answer your question.
We maintain a record of your product interests and the purchases you make, and may secure information about you from our joint marketing partners or from unrelated third parties. We may also collect demographic information, and we may use mailing lists from third parties.
Whenever you browse our site, we automatically receive and record information, such as your IP address, browser type, domain name and specific web pages through which you click.
We may also use third party companies to place advertising at other sites across the Internet. These advertising companies collect information about your visits to our Website or interaction with our email through the use of "web beacons". This technology allows them to use information about your visits to this and other websites to help us serve you better. We also use web beacons to review how visitors navigate the Website or interact with our email advertising. If you would like more information about this practice, your choices and how they relate to this practice, please contact us.
To provide location-based services on our Website and through any mobile applications we use we may need to capture and record location data regarding your use of the Website or mobile applications and your travels to provide location-related functionality ("Location-Data"). We may link that Location-Data to other information that you provide to us or that may be accessed in connection with your use of the Website or the mobile applications. Your use of, and our ability to offer functionality through, the Website or mobile applications is then enabled through our use and disclosure to third parties of Location-Data and associated information.
How We Use Your Information
Our primary purpose for collecting personal information is for us to provide you with a safe, efficient and beneficial experience. We may use your personal information for the purpose of improving our services and our Website's contents or mobile application layout and functionality; to inform you about future marketing, service updates and promotional offers; to communicate preferences which you have indicated; to customize the advertising and content you see and improve future shopping for you; to determine whether you are eligible for an offer; to verify information; to improve our services, or for any other purpose disclosed at the point of collection. We may also use your information to provide services and customer support that you may request, as well as to correct problems, resolve disputes and collect fees.
When you browse our Website or make a purchase online, the information recorded and collected automatically, such as your IP address, browser type, domain name and specific web pages through which you click, is used in aggregate to help us look for trends so that we can improve our Website and your browsing experience. These statistics may also be used in communications, such as our annual report, but we do not identify individuals in these communications.
When you purchase items from us, we use your personal information to process and fulfill your order, send you emails to notify you of order status, or to contact you by phone, postal mail or email if we have questions regarding your order or purchase.
When you register with us or when you make a purchase at a store or one of our Websites, we may use your personal information to send you information and updates about new products, special sales and promotions related to your purchase, and to help us learn more about your shopping preferences. These communications may be sent via email, postal mail, telephone text message, or through a mobile application. You always have the choice to opt-out of receiving these marketing communications.
If you participate in a sweepstakes, contest or promotion, online, over the phone, through a mobile application or at one of our stores, we may use your personal information to contact you via email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or through a mobile application regarding our products, services, contests and promotions. You may choose at any time not to receive these marketing communications. We may still need to contact you on a limited basis, however - for example, to notify winners and to fulfill promotional obligations.
We share information across the Wolverine Worldwide family and we may use servers and resources of other members of the group to process your data. We may also share data and use the resources of our former parent company Collective Brands, Inc. Our main servers are in Topeka, Kansas, USA and Rockford, Michigan, USA and it is likely that your data will be held on servers there and at other Wolverine Worldwide locations around the world. When you provide us with your personal data, you acknowledge that this information may be stored and processed on servers located outside the EEA and you consent to your personal data being exported outside the EEA and being stored and processed at our discretion on any of Wolverine Worldwide's servers wherever located.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies (such as demographic data) to improve and personalize our services. We may also use third-party companies to assist in collection and analysis of data collected through the use of web beacons.
We may share your personal information with affiliated companies that are subject to privacy policies consistent with this policy.
We may also share your personal information with outside companies that perform services specifically for Wolverine Worldwide group. We may employ independent contractors, vendors and suppliers to provide specific services and products. Those services may include them hosting your data as well. For example, we may retain an outside company to create and distribute a direct mail or email offering. Other examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail, email, or text messages, communicating with our customers, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, fraud screening, translation services and providing customer service. They may sometimes have access to information collected by us, including your personal data, in the course of providing products or services to us. In those situations, the outside company is performing work for us, and we take appropriate steps designed to ensure that your personal information is used only to provide the services requested by us.
We may also disclose that personal information to third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information.
Any personal information shared via any mobile application or on another website (such as Facebook, YouTube, Google+ or Twitter) may become public information. We cannot control the use of information disclosed in public forums, such as forums, bulletin boards, blogs, chat rooms, and networking functions of mobile applications. You should exercise caution when disclosing information in these public areas, especially your Location-Data, and be careful how you disclose your Personal Information. Content posted in public areas of our mobile applications, including advice and opinions, represents the views and is the responsibility of those who post the content. We do not necessarily endorse, support, verify, or agree with the content posted. If you have any questions or comments about any content on our mobile applications please contact our Customer Service Center.
How We Protect Kids' Privacy Online
Our Website is a general audience website and it is our intention that our Website should be used only by persons over age 13. We are concerned about the safety of children when they use the Internet and will never knowingly request personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If the parent or guardian of a child under 13 believes that the child has provided us with any personal data, the parent or guardian of that child should contact our Customer Service Center and ask to have this personal information deleted from our files. If we otherwise obtain knowledge that we have personal information about a child under 13 in our files, we will delete that personal information from our existing files so that it is not in retrievable form.
Links to Other Websites and Services
Our Websites may contain links to other sites. You should review the policies of those sites before providing any personal information, as we do not control their privacy policies or practices. Our Websites provide links solely for the convenience and information of our customers.
How You Can Review and Change Your Personal and Contact Information and Make Choices About Receiving Marketing Communications or Make General Inquiries
We provide individuals with reasonable access to their personal data. You can contact us in order to have it corrected, amended or deleted where it is inaccurate or inappropriate for the specified purposes of processing.
The easiest way to look at the personal data we hold and to correct it is to log on if you have an online account with us. There you can access all of your personal data and contact information that we collect online. You can correct factual errors in your personal data by sending us a request that accurately describes the error. To protect your privacy and security, we may ask you to verify your identity and/or provide other details to help us respond to your request before granting access or making corrections. Please note that any requests to update your personal information may take up to 10 days for your email request, and 6-8 weeks to process your postal mail request.
If you are not able to log on you may also update your personal and contact information by doing one of the following:
- Send us an email: email@example.com
- Call us at: 020 3376 2739
- Write to us at:
CAT Footwear Privacy Office
90 York Way
London N1 9AG
Applying for a job online
If you use the website to apply to work with us, we will use the information you supply to process your application and to monitor recruitment statistics. As a global business we may transfer your details outside of your home country and to other companies in the Wolverine Worldwide family. Where we want to disclose information to a third party, for example where we want to take up a reference we will not do so without informing you first unless the disclosure is required by law. Personal information about unsuccessful candidates will be held for up to 12 months after the recruitment exercise has been completed, it will then be destroyed or deleted. We retain de-personalized statistical information about applicants to help inform our recruitment activities, but individuals should not be identifiable from that data.
Once a person has taken up employment with us, we will compile a file relating to their employment. At that stage we will give more details about how we hold employee data.
4th October 2012