10 Questions with Luke Lambert
A couple weekends ago we had the opportunity to catch up with #earthmover Luke Lambert at a race in NASCAR's hometown of Charlotte, NC. Be sure to check out all of our photos from the weekend on our Facebook page here. Want to know more about Luke? See what he had to say to our questions!
1. What is an Earthmover to you?
An earthmover loves a challenge, and is passionate about making a difference in whatever endeavor they take on.
2. We love how passionate you are about racing. How old were you when you first knew you wanted to have a career in racing?
When I was about 8 years old I was at modified race with my dad and I realized that racing wasn't just something I enjoyed but something I wanted to do professional one day.
3. What's your favorite thing about working in the race car industry?
The combination of technology and athletic competition.
4. What gets you pumped up before a race? Any pre-race rituals?
The team meeting. Seeing the look of focus on the crew members faces as we embark on the challenges of the race and see our hard work realized. As far a rituals; I pray at all the pre-race meetings, shake hands with each pit crew member, and have a last minute word with Jeff at the window (I also wear the same underwear every race).
5. Off the track, what's your favorite car?
6. What do you like to do when you aren't busy with the pit crew?
Spending time with my wife and two boys. Also anything outdoors....riding dirt bikes, fishing, kayaking, hiking in the mountains.
7. What's the best thing about being a Dad?
Watching my two sons develop personalities and seeing them learn new things everyday.
8. What's your guilty pleasure?
Red Wine, BBQ Ribs, and Peanut Butter Ice Cream.....not sure if you just wanted one, but its a 3 way tie!
9. Which race do you most look forward to and why?
Bristol Night Race, because I went to it many times growing up with my dad, and it brings back those memories.
10. We have to ask! What's your favorite (Cat) shoe & why?
Vinson Boots, because they are tough and comfortable.
Thanks for answering all of our questions, Luke! Want to know more about Luke? Check out his video here.
And be sure to follow him on Twitter! www.twitter.com/LukeLambertCC